10 Things You'd Do If You Won the Big Powerball Jackpot:
1. Quit my job. Seriously? Who would go back to work? Definitely not me (and I mean my day job here, BTW.)
2. Buy land and lots of it. Somewhere remote. Montana maybe. I like Montana.
3. Build my dream house and barn. (see #2 above - I'd make sure there was enough land for lots of things like horses and cutting hay).
4. Make sure my retirement was covered, and that I could pay for #2 and #3 - investments, money under the mattress, whatever.
5. Make sure my folks and D's mum were covered in their retirement - whatever they needed to be comfortable with that.
6. Buy several exceptionally well-trained horses and hire a full-time trainer/exerciser to live on property so I could just go yank a horse out of the pasture and go for a ride without having to worry about having the spring stupids or some other crazy-horse behavior. (I don't think he would move from Utah, but our friend Jerry would be at the top of my list.)
7. Set up a couple of trust funds for some nonprofits I find worthwhile.
8. Set D up with his dream workshop - for motorbikes, woodworking, etc - with top of the line tools and facilities.
9. Travel a lot.
10. Buy books, good wine, and gourmet cheese without looking at the price tag.
Gee - listed like that, I have kind of boring wants, I guess. No Ferrari, no jet planes, nothing like that. Most days I'd just settle for the cash to do #1 and call it good.
All for now.......