1. I like to create things with my hands. That's a pretty basic reason for most knitters, isn't it?
2. I love color, and when I knit, I get to pick from all sorts of gorgeous colors out there.
3. I have just enough of my grandparents' Depression-era mentality that I like home-created over store-bought. (Despite the fact that most handknit sweaters nowadays cost WAY more than something similar at Target or wherever.)
4. I like wool. I like how it feels and anything that tends to be "sheepy goodness" scented, I''m all over that.
5. I like cold weather. Cold weather = perfect for wearing knits!
6. I like a challenge: Learning a new technique, or figuring out some great little shaping or other detail makes my brain happy.
7. I like knitters. I'm not a super social/extroverted person, but knitting gives me a reason and an opportunity to leave my house and have great interactions with other knitters. That's good for me.
8. I like having things that fit me just right. I tend not to like off-the-rack clothes - they generally don't fit me well. I can make it to fit me perfectly this way.
9. Apparently I am inherently twitchy. Knitting gives me something to think about, to work on, to entertain myself with when I'm "just" sitting. Otherwise, I think I would never sit still.
10. OCD: I tend to be a little compulsive about a lot of things, and maybe a bit obsessive too. I'm not really sure I can't NOT knit at this point - chalk it up to both the obsessive and compulsiveness, but I can live with that.
All for now....