Sorry, I had fallen off the blogging train for a bit there; let me try to get back in the saddle, so to speak, with 10 on Tuesday for this week!
1. Tour de Fleece 2013: I've got my wheels geared up and I'm ready to do some spinning! I had sort of half-heartedly spun in prior years, but last year, I got a LOT of spinning done. While I don't have quite as much undivided time to devote to it this go-round, I do want to participate and my goal is to try to spin up an ounce a day.
2. Organize my fiber stash: This is kind of a 1b thing for the list. I have a ton of fiber and while there is a lot of it that I will get to at some point, I feel like I need to take a critical look at what I've got and maybe destash some of it that I don't love for whatever reason.
3. Knit. A lot: Not that I don't do this anyway, but I've got a ton of other projects I'd like to get on the needles in the next couple of months.
4. Learn a few new great veggie-based meals: D and I have been eating a lot lighter than we did when we first got married eons ago. While I think at heart he's still a meat and potatoes guy, we've enjoyed adding some fun veggie kind of things into our weekly recipe trial night. I have a new one for fresh snap peas and ricotta with lemon and mint that's going into the rotation this week!
5. Do some planning for a Big Trip: D and I, speaking of being married, have a big anniversary coming up in 2014 and we'd like to go somewhere nifty. Haven't quite decided where that is, but a little surfing on the net for some vacation destinations is in order.
6. Revamp storage in my studio: Having added several new wholesale clients in the last few months, I'm kind of at maximum density in my studio while I'm trying to get kit orders and wholesale orders dyed and out the door. I have added a couple new shelves, which have helped free up some table space, but I would like to add a few more, plus some see-thru storage bins for the odds and ends of things I take to shows (like small display baskets and extra duct tape, etc.)
7. Do my nails more often: Don't even get me started. Several girly-filled hours last weekend with some friends and now I'm addicted to nail polish. Oi. At least the warm weather is a good excuse to have pretty nails to show off, right?
8. Plan the fruit tree garden: D and I are planning on adding some fruit trees along the area we have the veggies this year. While he (thank goodness) is doing the heavy clearing of some old overgrown bushes there, I need to figure out what we have space for and what will be happy up here.
9. Ride my bike: I am kind of in a running rut. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I do think I need to mix up the exercise a bit and haul my bike out on the weekends occasionally.
10. Relax: I say this, it's on my list..... I'd like to do it, but I think I'm finding "relaxing" isn't in my nature very easily. Gonna work on that one. :)
All for now....